Hello, new friends and/or future enemies: thanks to this post at The Millions, we’ve been getting lots of traffic today from people presumably trying to figure out what our whole deal is. It can be pretty daunting to figure out where to start any new podcast, but especially one that has a 4 year backlog of weekly episodes (understandably, the author of the post at The Millions was a little thrown by our… unorthodox… episode numbering system, and though that post says we have 130 episodes, we have something closer to 250).
So, if you’re new here and trying to figure out where to begin, some suggestions:
1) Our 2015 Year in Review post will point you to a lot of the highlights
2) This post from April 2015 was my previous attempt to help people find an entry point
3) This very generous review by Marie Manthe names some of her favorite all-time episodes
4) My favorite episodes from this year, which for obvious reasons aren’t included in the 2015 recap:
- Spring of Success, Elizabeth Gilbert
- Gary K. Wolf, Who Censored Roger Rabbit (featuring Jen Miller, who several people have told us is their favorite guest in show history)
- Gillian Flynn, Gone Girl
5) UPDATED 1/3/17: We recently posted our 2016 highlights, in case you’re looking for even more suggestions.
People love different things about this show, so your favorites might differ from mine. But hopefully this helps you get started.